Cedar Siding General Contractor Minneapolis
Stio Roofing and Construction is your local Twin Cities professional siding company. We offer cedar clapboards (also called beveled siding), cedar shingles, and cedar shakes (bigger, rough cut shingles). When properly maintained, it’s hard to beat the rich look of natural wood.A quality wood exterior should last as long as you own your home, and should improve your home’s appearance and value. At Stio Roofing we use many of the best grades of red or white cedar shingles or clapboards.
When installed properly cedar siding can last for hundreds of years!
Reasons why some customers choose Cedar Siding
Beautiful – Naturally
Cedar Siding is, above all, a wood of exceptional beauty. In its natural, unfinished state, it has a richly textured, tactile grain combined with a palette of warm, mellow tones ranging from light amber to deep honey brown. Cedar Siding also remains subtly aromatic, and the characteristic fragrance of cedar adds another dimension to Cedar Siding’s universal appeal.
Cedar Siding contains natural oils that act as a preservative which helps the wood resist insect attack and decay. Cedar siding is also a stable wood that will lie flat and stay straight. When properly finished and maintained, cedar siding ages well and will sustain itself for many years. When high quality cedar is chosen, it is free of pitch and resin and it finishes to a richly glowing surface that can be enhanced with transparent or full-bodied stains or with paints.
The 5 Steps to Beautiful and Durable Exterior Siding
1. Removal of old siding:
- Timely contracting for delivery of a trash dumpster
- Covering & protecting delicate areas around the house
- Removing siding, nails and debris.
- Disposal of your old siding and other deteriorated siding components
- General clean-up of the area prior to re-applying siding
2. Preparation and Inspection:
- Inspect all sheathing and flashing under the siding
- Repairs to wooden sheathing, corner boards, fascia boards and other trim not readily visible can be made with the owner’s prior permission at additional cost
- Full siding areas are covered with TYVEK or similar barrier sheeting
- Open cracks around doors and windows are caulked, and flashing is replaced if needed
- Application of Red Cedar shingles or clapboards are the premium siding products offering the most value in Minnesota today!
- Only premium quality products are used such as CVG shingles (clear vertical grain), or CLEAR clapboards.
- All cedar siding is attached using “ring shanked” stainless steel nails.
- Exposure of the siding will be the same as your previous siding or custom as agreed upon in advance.
- Full runs, (long pieces of clapboards), are used as much as possible both for looks and for longevity. Shingle seams are staggered again for long life and good water run-off control.
4. Clean Up:
- Performed before, during and after work daily and upon completion of the job
- All supplies and debris are removed
- Landscaping cleaned and wood chips removed
- Outdoor fixtures and furniture are returned to their original places
- For maintenance and backup, several pieces of clapboards or shingles are left for future use
- Before our crew leaves a job site, a “walk-around” is done to ensure all contracted areas are repaired and completed properly and approved so by the home owner.
- Final points are noted on our Quality Check List and are promptly addressed.
- The Customer Comment Card is completed by the customer.
Stio Roofing and Construction offers a Lifetime Installation Warranty on all siding and carpentry services.
We also offer a Free Annual Inspection Program unique to our industry
Because of our extensive referral base from happy customers our siding schedule fills up very fast, especially in the early spring months. If you have a need or are thinking that your siding is in need of replacement or repair services give us a call today. We’ll have a one of our siding experts out to your home to inspect and evaluate your homes exterior and provide you with a strategy and plan of attack to restore your home to its original beauty.